METRO WATER DISTRICT is seeking candidates to fill a Utility Technician I position. The ideal candidate must exercise independent judgment, professionalism, initiative, and be highly motivated with the ability to work independently and as a team.
Qualifications and Experience:
Under general direction of the Utility Supervisor, this position is primarily responsible for operation and maintenance of manual and automated metering equipment, meter reading and meter installation. May assist with maintenance of water production site equipment and water distribution components.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include:
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, ordinances and standards relating to water utility.
- Knowledge of procedures, materials, tools, equipment, safety hazards, and precautions common to water utilities.
- Knowledge of water metering sytems maintenance, repair, and installations methods, materials and equipment.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skilled in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Ability to tead a variety of water consumption recording devices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
- Ability to make independent work site decisions.
The successful candidate must have a high school diploma or equivalent, and one (1) year of experience in public water utility; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The salary range for this position is $35,105 - $54,795. The District offers full competitive benefits and membership in the Arizona State Retirement System. To be considered, submit a letter of interest, and resume via email to email@example.com; deadline for applying will be April 5, 2017. For more information, please contact Billie Sue Morelli, Human Resources Manager at 520-209-2848.